Trivia Night Scoring and Rules
- Questions 1-9 in each round are worth 2 points (there is no negative score for the wrong answer)
- Question 10 in each round is an “Open Bid” question. This means teams can bid their accumulated points from each round to increase the total on the final question.
- Each round is separate so teams cannot bid points from round 1 in round 2.
- If teams choose not to wager their points, they will receive 2 points if correct just like questions 1-9. At end of 10 rounds all rounds will be added up to calculate a winner.
- If teams tie – a Jeopardy-Style tie-breaker round will be held.
- Teams/Players cannot shout out answers (right or wrong).
- No phones can be used. Phones must be on table or in a bag on back of chair
- No bathroom breaks during questions. If a player must go, then they cannot return to game until that question is over.
- If a player needs to take a call, they must leave area and return after question is over.
- Host has final say in correct answers
- Tie-Breaker teams answer questions in a Jeopardy format where they wager on final question and most points wins.